Start with overview of plugins. Where to find them.
Point out that the desktop app now have a dedicated top level nav for Plugins and you can also control-click to access them.
Start by creating a new file for mobile.
- Use Mapsicle to get started
- Explain that the maps are generated in Mapbox
- Take them into Mapbox to show how to customize a map
Create a new screen and pull in a list view to demonstrate content reel...
- show them the different types of data possible
- show the language settings
- pull up addresses to illustrate how it works with overflow
- Content Reel doesn't support photos yet... but if you have a Google Sheet...
Pull in the empty circles on the side of the canvas and demonstrate how the Google Sheet plugin works
- Show how it works with images first
- demonstrate how the tagging aspect works (each figma layer to be styled should have a name that reflects the column populating it ... # + column name)
Test out Stark for contrast checking
- grab two layers and manipulate the colors to produce poor contrast
- run test
With several screens now available to connect, let's walk through Autoflow
- Pretty simple connections
- Repeat last plugin is very handy
- can be a little buggy
- Plugin shows a lot of potential
- Offers ability to quickly create placeholder charts that can be helpful to give an idea of information to come without putting a ton of time into the work
- sketch plugin ported for figma
- paid plugin (10 per year, free for rest of 2019)
- This is a half-step between custom work and work that looks custom.
- ability to import data is key to improving this as a tool
- everything is editable, including robust-enough setting
- Show how to create account.
- Show how to grab access token (pain in the ass)
- Pick a project
- Ship project to Marvel
- Test updating to see if it stays in sync!
Variable font notes...
Works with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Wide support online
Custom width and height options allow ultimate flexibility to create custom variations of classic fonts to tailor look and feel for your brand
How to save styles?